07787 770071 or 0208 5811113
YOU DO NOT SEE THE CLARINET YOU REQUIRE PLEASE CALL. OVER FIFTY QUALITY
INSTRUMENTS IN STOCK.
1. Noblet, by Leblanc, model 27 Bb clarinet. This instrument is in good condition, and is a commission sale for Clarinets Direct. It has Nickel Silver plate key work throughout in very good condition, apart from one slight patch of wear to the throat G# key. This instrument has fish skin pads throughout, which are sealing, but old. All pieces are in Grenadilla wood, but the barrel is actually a replacement by "Buffet". The m'piece is a used Selmer HS**. The case is the original, which is in good condition. Sold "as is", £395.
2. A Selmer Sterling Bb Clarinet S/N 46865. Stamped "Made in France". It is possible that these instruments were made by Malerne for Selmer as student models. It was overhauled recently and the pads are all fish skin in good condition. The clarinet is in Grenadilla wood throughout, without cracks or damage. The German Silver key work is in good condition. A modern adjustable thumb rest with sling hook has been fitted. It comes with 2 original barrels, and a Selmer Paris HS** mouthpiece. Excellent value at £345.
Pruefer, 7 ring 1920's-30's Grenadilla wood Bb clarinet.
Stamped “LPB” i.e. A=440. Fully overhauled in Tan leather, with
original metal sleeved, telescopically adjusting, tuning barrel. Very
fine, sold with 1 year warranty. £350
4. E A Albert simple system High pitch Eb clarinet. The pads are worn,this instrument will need some work in order to bring it back into good playing condition. It comes with the original wooden m'piece,which is also much worn, but no case. As is £100.
6. A pre-war B&H 1010 A clarinet, in very good condition. The matching serials, throughout, including the m'piece, are 31552. The instrument has an old, stable, pinned, surface crack repair to the upper joint, the crack does not go through to the bore. It has tan leather pads throughout, which are in very good condition. The Silver plating is also very good throughout, with no wear. Comes in the original case, in good used condition. As is £495.
An early Boosey & Hawkes Emperor Bb clarinet, in good condition, made in England.
The Grenadilla wood shows some scuffs and surface marks, and there is a sizeable chip to the bell rim.
The instrument has used fish skin pads, which are all
sealing well, the instrument has been well maintained & was last checked over by a repairman in February 2019.
The Nickel Silver
plating is very fine throughout, apart from some scratches to the 1st side key. It comes in
an original B&H case, which is much used.
The matching serial nos. are 79897, which makes this a 1950s example. The supplied original B&H 593 m'piece is well used but plays well. As is £245.
8. Selmer Paris Bb clarinet, in fair condition, made in France, in Grenadilla wood. The instrument has recently had an overhaul in fish skin pads, which are all in excellent condition. It was formerly owned by a dance band player, and the clarinet has had a long and hard life! There is a metal banded surface crack repair to the top of the lower joint, and also an old glued repair to the bottom of the lower joint. The top of the upper joint has also had some repair work in the past. The bell has a repaired, pinned, crack. The German Silver keywork shows some wear, but overall it is in good condition. Comes in the original case, which is much used. The serial nos. are hard to read but seem to match and are L1113, which dates to 1931. The original Selmer barrel has been shortened, and a new custom 66mm barrel, of the correct bore is supplied. The m'piece is a used Selmer C* in very good condition. As is £295.
9. -RESERVED-Odyssey Bb clarinet, OCL120. Chinese made, with a body in ABS wood effect. The instrument is in good condition throughout. The Nickel plate key work shows no wear, and the pads are in fine order. The case has lost one catch and the upper interior trim. £50 as is.
10. A Sheerline wooden Bb clarinet, S/N51. An affordable, advanced student model, imported during the 1970's and similar to a Selmer Console, possibly made by Malerne. In Grenadilla wood, with a few small scratches on the bell only, otherwise in excellent condition. The key work is Silver plated, again in excellent condition. there are no cracks and it produces a warm rounded tone. The instrument has just been fully re-padded in fish skin pads by ourselves, and is sold with our full 1 year warranty. Supplied with a standard French bore m'piece, with a lay similar to a Yamaha 4C, this clarinet will tune well with a Vandoren or any other mainsteam m'piece. In a rucksack, padded TJ case with pocket. An excellent bargain wooden clarinet at, £425.
11. -SOLD- A pre-WW2 Bass clarinet in Grenadilla wood by H Bettoney. Bettoney were a fine American manufacturer, who were also at one time agents for Buffet in the USA. The Bass has been professionally owned and played in London, and the invoice for the last partial service, in July 2015, is included in the sale. This is a good quality Bass, but in common with some other pre-war bass clarinets it has 2 register key touchpieces, one for use in the lower part of the second register and another venting on the crook for the upper pitches of the clarion register. The range is to low E, and the instrument tunes to A=440Hz, i.e. modern pitch. The pads are elderly tan leather, but all are sealing well. The case is much worn but functional, and the supplied m'piece is a Selmer C85 120. It would suit someone who wished to get a working knowledge of the Bass. As is £395.
12. Thibouville Freres Bb clarinet, in Grenadilla wood, a fine French made instrument featuring a 7 ring mechanism, i.e. with a fork LH Eb/Bb. The leather pads are in OK condition, all sealing, but used. The German Silver keywork is excellent, with no wear or tarnish. The wood has no cracks or damage, with only slight surface marks. The instrument has matching stamps throughout. Comes with a modern student m'piece, and the original case in fair condition, the handle has been replaced. This instrument plays with a good tone, and would suit a player looking for a good quality wooden clarinet on a budget. As is £295.
13. -RESERVED-A nice condition Selmer 7 ring Bb clarinet, of the old logo dating to the mid 1920's. The German Silver key work is in very good condition and all pieces are stamped Selmer. The wood is in overall good condition for an instrument of this vintage, with minor surface marks and scratches, there is also an old pinned surface crack to the upper joint, the crack repair is stable and it doesn't go through to the bore. The clarinet has been just completely re-padded in Pisoni Premium Deluxe Tan Leather Pads & is in excellent playing order. The matching serial nos. are 5309. There are some thread repairs to the tenon corks, but all touch corks are fine. The supplied m'piece is a Selmer HS*, and the case is also in good used condition. £495.00
14. -SOLD-B&H Regent II Bb clarinet S/N 259286, in Resonite with no cracks or damage. This model was the last in production of the Regent series. The Nickel Silver plating is in pristine condition, apart from a small patch of wear to the thumb bush. This instrument was recently taken in part exchange by ourselves. The fish skin pads though not new, are all in very good condition. The supplied mouthpiece is in very good condition, which is of the correct bore for this model, and tunes it well. The original case is also in excellent condition, and is supplied with the keys. Good value at £120.
15. Couesnon "Excelsior" Bb clarinet. This is a fine old vintage clarinet, of excellent manufacture. The Grenadilla wood is in very good condition, as is the German Silver key work. This instrument has "as new" tan leather pads throughout, with all sealing well. This clarinet plays extremely well at A=440 with an excellent tone. All parts are stamped and wooden, with serial number 837. The top joint has an integral barrel, and was formerly part of the collection of the late Prof. John Playfair. The case is old, and much worn, but latches. As is £495.
16.-SOLD- Buffet B12 Bb clarinet, in good condition, made in W Germany, in resin. The instrument has used fish skin pads which are old, but sealing. The Nickel Silver plating is excellent throughout. Comes in the original case, in very good used condition. The matching serial nos. are 385276. The supplied student m'piece is new. As is £150.